Welcome back to Bay Disposal & Recycling where we deliver answers to your burning waste disposal questions. This week, we’re bringing you the Dos an Don’ts of how to safely dispose of hazardous waste.
Let’s get Safe.
When it comes time to dispose of that bottle or can, sometimes it can be hard to know the correct method. Making the wrong choice is risky, because many hazardous chemicals are also flammable, explosive, corrosive, poisonous, and cause pollution.
Don’t forget that improper disposal of hazardous chemicals is illegal!
What household chemicals are toxic?
Lots of products we use every day are quite toxic and hazardous to our health, including the following:
- Motor Oil
- Drain Cleaner
- Pool Chemicals
- Leave products in original packaging to avoid confusion
- Check product instructions and labeling for disposal options
- Research and switch to eco friendly alternative household products
- Check your local government website for pickup/dropoff sites and hazardous chemical recycling facilities. Sometimes products can be reused or reclaimed!
- Pour down the sink
- Dump it outside
- Mix products or change containers